Hy-Pave EKG1 porous cellular pavers are strong, interlocking, plastic tiles used to create permeable reinforced grassed or gravel areas for a variety of applications.
Hy-Pave EKG1 porous cellular pavers are strong, interlocking, plastic tiles used to create permeable reinforced grassed or gravel areas for a variety of applications, both domestic and commercial, providing an environmentally friendly alternative to tarmac or concrete.
The main benefit over traditional surfaces is the permeability which allows the surface water to drain through the tiles down to the water table - making them fully compliant with Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) and the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 which encourage the use of permeable surfaces to mitigate against flooding in built up areas.
With its' premium grade, class leading, 4mm wall thickness, Hy-Pave EKG1 tiles are capable of supporting up to 350 tonnes/m² and have a vehicle compression strength of 20 tonnes axle loading (meeting the requirements for DIN 1072 standard).
Each tile measures 537mm x 521mm x 40mm deep (4 tiles/m²) and weighs 1.50kgs. They are quick and easy to install, with a simple interlocking slot and peg connection, to create a very strong reinforced stable surface.
Manufactured from UV stabilised recycled plastic, which is chemically inert and non-toxic, Hy-Pave EKG1 can be filled with soil and seeded, as the cell structure and open base is designed to promote unrestricted grass root growth to create a naturally growing grass surface that is stabilised and reinforced to withstand frequent trafficking.
Alternatively, the tiles can be filled with gravel, as the cells effectively retain the loose fill to prevent loss or displacement, whilst also preventing rutting (making them ideal for wheel chair access).
● Car and Coach parks (Grass or Gravel)
● Overspill/overflow grass car parks
● Emergency Services (Fire Access routes)
● HGV service access routes
● Aircraft taxiways & helipads
● Walkways and disabled access routes (Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
● Golf buggy paths
● Driveways and residential lawn parking
● SUDS source control
● Shed foundation/base
Hy-Pave EKG1 is a cost effective solution to worn & rutted grassed areas, displaced gravel and for source control of surface water run-off.
● Hy-Pave EKG1 pavers have a load bearing capacity up to 350t/m²
● 4mm wall thickness for premium performance
● Manufactured from recycled polymer
● Easily cut with hand or power saw
● High open area to maximise visual appeal of finished surface.
● Pavers filled with grass or gravel are SUDS source control compliant
● Hy-Pave EKG1 grass pavers/gravel pavers allow a naturally pleasing, environmentally friendly and free draining grass or gravel surface
The unique cell pattern of Hy-Pave EKG1 incorporates flex zones to accommodate changes in level and tiles are also designed to resist lateral movement, improve traction and allow expansion and contraction whilst promoting optimum grass growth, root protection and surface stabilisation. The open cell structure provides high surface water infiltration and is suitable for source control within a SUDS profile.
Hy-Pave - Installation